Thursday, October 20, 2005

I spent most of the day at the mall today. When I picked Jaden up from school, he said, "I don't want to go home." So, I thought about it for a second and said, "Okay, let's go to the store instead." That made him very happy. Funny how just a trip to the store can sound exciting to him.

We went to the mall and ate lunch and then I bought a bunch of winter clothes for Jaden, including a winter coat. JCPenney had a really good sale, so I was very excited to get him some things. By the time I bought the coat, Danielle was about ready to melt-down. She was getting really tired. So, we went home and I put the kids down for their naps. Before I put Jaden down, I wanted to have him try his new coat on. I had bought a bigger size because I wanted to make sure that it would fit him all winter, but this coat was really big! I couldn't really even get his hands to come through the arm holes. Uh oh!

So, after the kids napped, we headed back to the mall. I found the coat in a smaller size and decided that it would work better. Then I went back to Sears to buy him some snow pants (because I had gotten a $5 off coupon from my earlier shopping trip). Scott called and said that he was coming home, so I told him to meet us at the mall. It was a good thing he did because the kids were getting crazy and there's no way I would have been able to finish my shopping without him. At first, he wasn't crazy about the coat that I had gotten, much to my dismay - it had taken me so long to choose the size and I had found the cutest hat and gloves to go with it. He thought that the coat was too bulky because it basically has an inner coat and an outer coat. But once he discovered that you could take the sleeves off of the inner coat to make it a vest, he thought it was pretty cool (and versatile too). It was mostly the double sleeves that made the coat bulky. Scott said that it reminded him of A Christmas Story, where the little brother has this huge snowsuit on and can't move his arms. He falls down and can't get up! So, once we determined that we were going to keep the coat that I had bought, I found a bunch of things for Danielle as well. I spent lots of money today, but I did get a lot of nice stuff and it was a really good sale.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home