Saturday, December 03, 2005

Today, my mom and I did the craft show. It was at an elementary school in Skokie. It wasn't a teriffic success, but it was an interesting experience. First off, I wished right away that I would have brought a table cloth - most everyone else had one - I didn't even think of it. We sold two ornaments and two cookbooks almost right away, but then went for about three or four hours without selling a thing. Lots of people came around and talked to us about the adoption, but no one actually bought. It was a bit disheartening. But then, in the last 45 minutes or so, we suddenly started selling a lot. In the end, we sold 9 snowmen and 8 cookbooks. So, we did end up making some money even though it wasn't much. Hopefully we'll find a way to sell some more of the cookbooks - I don't think I'll be able to sell anymore ornaments, though. Oh well.

Tonight, we played Cranium again - it was fun with more people (since my mom and Alyce were here), but we thought that some of the activities were harder (especially the ones where you have to pretend to be a famous person). We still had a really good time, though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home