Sunday, September 18, 2005

Today at church, the service was about relationships and how we need to take into account differences in personality when we have conflicts. We need to try to see things from someone else's point of view (even if we don't agree with them). Gene talked about how some people are extroverts, some introverts, some organized, some unorganized, some thinkers, some feelers, etc. I thought it was a good service, even though there's no one that I specifically have any issues with right now.

When we left church, we went to IHOP with the Stocks. It was nice to hang out together - but funny when I realized that I had to request a table for eight! We talked to Michael and Martha about the possibility of them becoming guardians for our kids. We had asked them if they would be willing to be their guardians on Friday evening. They're still thinking about it - it's a pretty big commitment. It's strange to ask someone outside of the family to do this, but we really feel like it's better this way. Linda and Chris are still separated and I don't think that it would be right to thrust three more kids into their situation. And Sharon and Joel don't really even seem to believe in God - and certainly don't believe in Christianity. We wouldn't feel right about having them raise our kids, knowing that the kids wouldn't be able to see a relationship with Jesus modeled. Even if they agreed to take the kids to church, the kids would know that they didn't believe and would surely be swayed by this. So, we think that it would be better if Martha and Michael took them. I would definitely trust them to love our kids and to raise them like their own.

This evening, I was supposed to go see the play that my dad directed, but I completely forgot. We went to the park and then were fixing dinner when my mom called. I was so upset with myself! It really bothers me that I forget things - she had just reminded me earlier in the day. I don't understand why I can't remember things like that - especially things that are important to other people. My parents would never just forget to come to a play that I was in. How could I forget a show that my dad directed? I don't understand this about myself. I honestly feel like it's because I'm self-centered and not empathetic enough. I don't think that I think enough about other people. I cried when my mom called and I realized I had forgotten the play - it makes me want to cry right now, just thinking about it. I hate that I disappoint people. I honestly wish that I could somehow make myself change, but I haven't managed it up to this point. I guess it's something that I need to just keep praying about.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home