Friday, September 09, 2005

We were up until 2 AM last night working on garage sale signs and had to get up early this morning to start the garage sale at 8 AM. So, we're pretty tired. But, I was also very excited about the sale and didn't mind being tired much.

The sale went very well. We ended up making $245 today. I was very happy with that and am hoping that we can make about $500 for the whole sale. It was really encouraging to have such a great start. We really sold quite a few things. Scott's mom came over to help out, which was great because otherwise I don't know how I would have picked Jaden up from school. It was also nice to have her here while I fed the kids, etc. She stayed until I put them down for their naps. The one drawback of today was that I couldn't end the sale until after Scott got home from work because I couldn't bring all the tables in myself. It turned out that Scott had to work late and couldn't get home until 6:30! By then, I was exhausted and the kids were hard to deal with (since I couldn't really do much with them).

But, overall, a very good day. I even met several neighbors (a couple of whom I ended up talking to for a long time). Hopefully tomorrow will go just as well.

The only bad thing about today was picking Jaden up from school. I got there a little bit early today and the kids were still lined up waiting to go on the playground. So, I pull up and I see the entire class standing nicely, waiting EXCEPT Jaden. He is running around in circles wildly while Miss Moss is attempting to get him to calm down. She keeps going over to him and saying, "Jaden, you need to listen. If you don't stop running, you won't get to play on the playground." Meanwhile, he is yelling, "No! Leave me alone!" I was absolutely mortified. I got out of the van and said, "Jaden Scott Hewitt!" But, Miss Moss ignored me and I felt like she wanted to take care of it herself. Unfortunately, he never really did listen. He was not able to go on the playground. I asked her if he was like this a lot and she said, "Well, we're working on listening. A lot of time when he's supposed to be doing something he'll say 'No' and run around. And he touches things that he's not supposed to be touching." I was so sad to hear that he is giving them problems. I was really hoping that he would be good at school - Now I feel like he's the problem child. It was really embarrassing. And then, I had him say that he was sorry and she told him he was forgiven. He started arguing with her that, no, he wasn't forgiven. I swear, he just LOVES to argue. I pretty much just slinked away at that point, miserable.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home