Friday, November 04, 2005

Today was another busy day. I dropped Jaden off at school and then took Danielle to the store with me. I spent $55 after my coupon - saved a total of $22. Not too bad!

Since I knew that I was going to have to leave with the kids at about 2:45, I decided not to put Danielle down for a morning nap (she didn't get out of bed until almost 8:00 this morning anyway). Instead, I thought I would put her down right after lunch so that she could get at least one decent nap in before we left. That worked out pretty well. I also put Jaden doen at 1:30, hoping that he would at least get a little down time before we had to leave. To my surprise, he fell asleep! Danielle woke up at 2:00 (a bit earlier than I was hoping), but I had to wake Jaden up at 2:30.

We drove to my mom's work, but there was an accident on 290, so I was running a bit late. I didn't end up getting there until almost a quarter to 4:00. Marge told my mom just to leave a little early, since it seemed silly to ring the kids in for fifteen minutes. But, Marge brought her dog Sophie out so the kids could see her - Jaden had been looking forward to meeting Sophie.

My mom told me that on their way to her house, they passed a fire truck and my cousin Jeff was in it! She told him that she had the kids in the van and he said, "Follow me to the fire station!" So, Jaden got to see the whole fire station!! Apparently, they have beds in little cubicle-type areas and a kitchen with three refrigerators. They have a work-out room and a classroom where they have some type of class every day. My mom said that the fire suits are lined up with the boots attached - just like you see in the movies. Jaden got to try on Jeff's real fire helmet and his jacket. He told daddy that the fire helmet was "really heavy!" He also got to see every nook and cranny of the fire truck. My mom said that he pointed at every little door and Jeff would open it and tell him about everything inside. So neat!

My mom then took the kids to her house - Jaden has been asking for weeks to go to Grandma's house. He really wanted to go. He said that he wanted to play cowboy (with the cowboy hats at her house). So, my dad got to visit with the kids. He, of course, had several little presents for Jaden - I guess that's what grandparents are for!

While my mom took the kids to her house, I went to my meeting at Se-Kure. It went well. We didn't start until almost an hour after we got there, though. We talked about what we need to do for the next meeting and Roger really cracked me up. He kept saying, "Well, if we can get a camera set up in our Michigan office and see that from here, then I will REALLY be impressed." He didn't seem to understand the fact that since this works over the internet, it makes absolutely no difference where we set up a camera. He thinks that somehow the fact that that office is farther away makes the technology more impressive. We didn't have the heart to tell him that REALLY impressing him would take absolutely no more programmatic work. Kevin and I just kind of had a sidebar conversation about what we should actually try to accomplish for the next meeting. I am not a terribly technical person, but things like this just remind me that there are MUCH less technical people out there.

When I got home, my mom and the kids weren't here yet. They got here about forty-five minutes later. We basically just hung out for a little while and then put the kids to bed. After they were in bed, my mom and I returned to our obsession - Triple Yahtzee!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home