Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Today was a pretty good day, even if it was a bit busy. First off, the kids woke up at 6:30. Danielle woke up this morning with a cold. Her nose was really disgusting and it pretty much stayed that way all day long. I got them up and in the kitchen with their breakfasts and then headed back upstairs to take a shower while they ate. I definitely needed it, since I hadn't bothered to shower yesterday! I then drove Jaden to school and went to Dominicks with Danielle. I had a coupon for $10 off of a $50 purchase - a great deal! I spent $46 after the coupon (saved a total of $27 with sales). I was really happy about that. Tomorrow I will go to Jewel and try to spend just over $50 again because I have a $5 off coupon from there.

After the store, we came home and I put Danielle down for a nap. I was hoping she would sleep well, since she has the cold, but it didn't seem to work that way. It took her awhile to fall asleep. But, after she fell asleep, I fell asleep too. :-) I set the alarm for 11:15, and took a much needed nap.

We then went and picked Jaden up from school. When we got home, we ate lunch and then just hung out for awhile. Jaden said that he wanted to play ring-around-the-rosey and Danielle immediately got up and went over to him. I had no idea that she knew what ring-around-the-rosey was! I think I have seen her play it with him once or twice before, but didn't think that she would have really made the connection. Anyway, I had told Jaden that I would play once, but she was so cute that I just couldn't resist playing several times. It's so neat to see her playing real games!

I put the kids down at 1:30, so that they could get a short nap in before we had to leave to go to my drama rehearsal at church. Unfortunately, I don't know that Danielle ever fell asleep. And Jaden (who I didn't expect to sleep at all) fell asleep, but only got to sleep for probably 20 minutes or so. Sigh.

We got to my rehearsal, but the guy that we were supposed to be rehearsing with didn't get there until very late. We were there at 3:30 and he didn't get there until about 4:15. Deanna needed to leave by 4:45, so we just had a very quick rehearsal. The kids were great up until the time that we started rehearsing and then Jaden wanted to be in on the action. For a good portion of the rehearsal, both kids were actually on the stage with us. Jaden would try to talk to us while we were saying our lines, sometimes interacting with the "characters" and sometimes just randomly talking to us. It was pretty crazy and hard to actually get anything done. Danielle was very good, but I could definitely tell that she wasn't feeling well, poor sweetie.

After the rehearsal, Jaden wanted to eat, so I got a little bit of food for the kids from Harvest. We ate and then left for home. By the time we got home, both kids were pretty wiped out, but I got Jaden to let me take his "month birthday" pictures. I still have to do their videos - I missed last month completely.

I gave Danielle some Tylenol when I put her to bed. It was obvious that she had a fever (although I didn't take her temperature).

In the evening, I just watched a couple of episodes of Firefly and then read through my adoption boards. I think I'll head to bed now and read for a bit - hopefully I'll fall asleep before it's tomorrow! :-)


Post a Comment

<< Home