Saturday, July 30, 2005

I've decided that Jaden has an amazing memory. He is really good at the Memory game - maybe better than I am, and I always felt like I was pretty good at that stuff. Plus, I just think it's amazing how he never forgets about anything. Today, he wanted to watch a movie, but I wanted to save his two hours of TV watching time for when my mom was here. So, I told him that he could watch when she got here. A couple of hours later, she came over - the first words out of his mouth were, "Grandma! I want you to watch a movie with me!"

The same thing happened a few days ago, when Tom and Elaine were here. We had told him that he could play the Memory game with them after his nap. When I went to go get him up from his nap (over two hours later), he said "Now I can play the Memory game with Grandma." It's like his mind keeps that fact in focus and nothing else pushes it aside. There is no such thing as telling him that he can do something later and hoping he'll forget about it. He never forgets!

So, today my mom came over. Scott and I finished the paperwork for the homestudy and then went grocery shopping in the evening. We had "taco lacos" for dinner (tacos made with fried flour tortillas, beef - with extra seasoning -, tomatoes, cucumbers, lettuce and cheese.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home