Sunday, July 31, 2005

Today, Scott was sick with a cold, so I brought the kids to church myself and met my mom there. The service was about how we can be "stolen by success". One of the bible quotes really struck me - I think it might have been from the Message translation - I should really see if I can find it again. It was about how to truly be a success in God's eyes, and one of the lines was something like "Do not be impressed with yourself". What a convicting message! It's so hard to keep God at the center of everything and not want praise - not want to feel like you did a really good job. I am always looking for things that make me feel good about myself. I should only be looking for things that make God look good - after all, anything I do is because of Him.

Besides church, not much happened today. I noticed today how attached Danielle is to the little stuffed lion and monkey. She carries them both around and cuddles them. I decided to put them in bed with her, since she seems to get so much comfort from them. It's really sweet. It's amazing how much she's walking now, too. She really never crawls anymore, unless she's trying to escape me or catch Sota or something. She's getting to be a big girl!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home