Thursday, September 01, 2005

Lunch today was cute. Jaden didn't want to eat his lunch, but I finally got him to by quoting the Green Eggs and Ham book. I would say, "Would you eat them in a box?" And he would say, "No." And I would say, "Would you eat them with a fox." "No." Eventually, I would say, "You don't like them, so you say, but try them, try them and you may." He would eat a bite and say "I DO like green eggs and ham. Thank you! Thank you! Sam I am!" It was VERY cute. He ate his whole lunch that way.

Scott and I watched a lot of TV footage about Hurricane Katrina tonight. I cannot believe how horrible it is there. People are starting to get angry that the government has not responded more quickly. So many people have been stranded without food or water in 100 degree heat for 4 days!! People are really wondering why we didn't get help there sooner. The crazy thing is, people have actually been shooting at the people who are there to help! There are snipers who have been shooting at rescue helicopters and boats. They are shooting at hospitals as rescuers are trying to get patients out. It is so insane to me - I really can't wrap my head around why people would do this. I cannot understand why some people would kill just because they think they can get away with it. They military has been arriving tonight, so hopefully they can help this situation. They have said that it is going to take months to drain the city of New Orleans. I can't imagine how they will ever get it back to normal.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home