Thursday, August 25, 2005

We didn't get very much sleep last night - I kept thinking about the baptism issue, and then the kids kept waking up. Jaden woke up crying once in the middle of the night and then once at 5:30 in the morning.

Something funny - when Jaden cried at 5:30 in the morning, Scott said "Don't worry about him." I said "What?" And he said in a very tired and somewhat confused-sounding voice "Well, maybe this doesn't matter - I rebooted his server." Apparently, he got work and home a bit mixed up in his sleep!

Anyway, he was right - I didn't have to worry about him. Before I even had a chance to get up, he had stopped crying. But, then Danielle woke up! I went in and rocked her for a few minutes and then put her back down, which seemed to make her happy. But I went to the bathroom and as soon as I flushed the toilet she started crying again. I was really worried that she was going to wake up Jaden too, since he insists on sleeping with his door opened now (just since Monday night). So, I brought her into our room with us. We were able to doze a bit, but we really didn't sleep much after that.

So, I was pretty tired and ineffective today. Scott drove Jaden to school (he plans to do this every morning - well, every morning that Jaden has school). So, it was nice that I only had to get Jaden ready in the morning, not all of us. During Danielle's morning nap, I tried to nap too, but couldn't really manage to sleep. So, I was a bit tired and lazy today.

Jaden seemed to have fun again at school. It's a good sign that he doesn't want to leave. I asked Miss Moll how he's been doing and she said they've been working on listening and sharing (she pointed out that she's had to work on this with all of the kids, but I still wish that he was better about these things). When we left, he said once again that he wanted to cut paper with scissors - he is really hung up on those crocodile scissors!

The rest of the day was pretty uneventful. Jaden didn't end up taking a nap (I swear it's because he insists on keeping his door open, but I don't know what to do about that). Danielle cried for 45 minutes when I put her down for her nap. I went in a couple of times to try to calm her down, to no avail. Then, I went in one last time and she was poopy - it was very soft, so I'm thinking her tummy must have been hurting her. I brought her downstairs with me, but she was still very fussy, so I eventually put her back in bed. She did sleep for a little bit, but then she woke up crying again. She was, again, covered in sweat! I don't know what's up with her, but she's obviously not feeling normal. I did notice that she has three new teeth - molars, back where you can't see them - and one more coming in. I don't know if that's causing some of her troubles or if it's all her tummy bothering her. It's so hard to tell.

In the evening, Scott and I just watched Nanny 911 and then listened to Casting Crowns while I got paperwork together for the adoption.

Oh, and one more thing. We picked out a name for (previously) Louis! Scott decided to ask Jaden what name he liked out of our top three - Derrick, Emmanuel and Noah. Jaden said he liked Noah the best. We even tried asking him again and ordering the names differently and he definitely said that Noah is his favorite. So, we decided to go with Noah! I guess it's funny that we let Jaden decide, but we couldn't really decide anyway. I was kind of happy that he hadn't picked Derrick, since this was my least favorite of the three. I was torn between Emmanuel and Noah, though. And Scott said that he liked all three. Anyway, it looks like we're sticking with Noah!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home