Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Today turned into quite a mess. I had to drive Scott to the train station because he was working downtown. The train left at 7:25 (or so we thought), so we had to be out of the house before 7:00 - I am just not awake enough in the morning for that. When we got to the train station, the train was just pulling up! I was really surprised because it was only 7:15. It turns out that the schedule we had looked at was wrong and the train was actually running a little late! It's a good thing, or Scott wouldn't have made it.

In the afternoon, I took the kids to the library, thinking that today was the showing of Chicked Little. But, it turned out that that is next week. Oops! Jaden seemed so disappointed, but then, out of the blue, he suddenly cheered up and said, "Can I play with puzzles?" He's been very into puzzles lately. We played for awhile there and then we went to the other library because I had put a hold on a movie and it was in. Plus, we still had a lot of afternoon to burn because I had put Danielle down for her nap early, thinking the movie would be at 2:00.

Well, in the evening, while Jaden and I were working on a project for school, Jaden said, "Mommy, what's that brown stuff?" I looked down and there was diarrhea all over the carpet! It followed Danielle in a little path - she had managed to walk across the whole family room, leaking, and I hadn't noticed! I told Jaden not to touch anything, picked Danielle up and carried her into the bathroom. Well, the poop had gone all down her leg - all over her pretty new white shoes - it was a big mess! I ended up sticking her in the bathtub with her socks and diaper still on. I cleaned her up as much as I could with wipes, gave her a bath and then cleared out the tub and gave her ANOTHER bath. It was really disgusting! Luckily, Erin and Lisa were here, so they helped me out -Erin helped clear toys out of the family room and made sure that Jaden didn't get into anything and Lisa helped me get the dirty things out of the bathroom. I basically spent the rest of the night trying to get the family room carpet clean with moderate success. Ugh! I think we've decided this carpet has seen its last days. One good thing - Danielle's new shoes actually did come clean! Yay!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home